The website for New Room Interior is an interesting ongoing task. Developing a tool for customers to, as easily as possible, submit their entire room’s layout and style-wishes for a interior consultation.
First off, we started with a long talk. We love communication. Part of web design will always be pinning down what is the most important part of your company. A visitor to your page don’t want to be presented with a million options at once. They need to know what you do and where to click next before their attention is spent.
So we developed a slogan and a short text we felt enveloped the purpose of the page.
Laying a Foundation
For a basis, we split the page in to three sections.
- Services, where you see examples and read descriptions of the services. If you have no idea what the page is, and you ended up there on accident, you would go there first. So it is on the left side, since the western world reads left to right.
- Learn More, a questions and answers sections where we clear out the most asked questions. Some sections of the page link back to this page to clear out a couple of things.
- Order, the main page. I will tell you more about this if you read on.
The Order Page
In structuring the order page, we tried to simplify it by making a few steps.
- Pick your product.
- Upload a simple drawing of your ground plan, (if you selected Ground Plan as a product).
- Select some images you like, in order to show us what style you like.
- Type your contact info.
From there, Maria will get to work and create a 3D model of your room and return it to you.